By Edmond Woychowsky
The effortless, Example-Based consultant to Ajax for Every net Developer
Using Ajax, you could construct internet purposes with the sophistication and value of conventional desktop
applications and you may do it utilizing criteria and open resource software program. Now, for the 1st time,
there's a simple, example-driven consultant to Ajax for each internet and open resource developer, regardless of
one step at a time, he introduces recommendations for construction more and more wealthy purposes. don't be concerned if
you're no longer knowledgeable on Ajax's underlying applied sciences; Woychowsky deals refreshers on them, from
standards all through, starting from Firefox to Ruby and MySQL.
You'll not just tips on how to write "functional" code, but additionally grasp layout styles for writing rocksolid,
high-performance Ajax purposes. you will additionally use frameworks comparable to Ruby on
Rails to get the task performed fast.
Learn how Ajax works, the way it advanced, and what it really is solid for
Understand the movement of processing in Ajax applications
Build Ajax purposes with XML and the XMLHttpRequest object
Integrate back-end code, from personal home page to C#
Use XSLT and XPath, together with XPath Axis
Develop client-side Ajax libraries to aid code reuse
Streamline improvement with Ruby on Rails and the Ruby programming language
Use the cross-browser HTML DOM to replace elements of a page
Topics and features:
* Describes the production and use of HTML files, together with tables, varieties, lists, frames, and cascading sort sheets
* With Hypertext Preprocessor, extends programming basics to incorporate examining and writing server-based records, command-line interfaces, and an advent to GD graphics
* Appendices comprise lists of ASCII and HTML distinct characters, and a short advent to utilizing a “pseudocode” method of organizing options to computing problems
* contains a word list and an intensive set of programming exercises
- Programming Web Services with Perl
- Mootools 1.2 Beginner's Guide
- JSP Examples and Best Practices
And like HTML tags, start tags begin with < while end tags begin with ; if the forward slash was omitted, the document would not be a well-formed XML document. In addition, to all elements being either closed or self-closing, the tags must always match up in order. This means that the XML document in Listing 2-5 is well formed but the XML document in Listing 2-6 is not well formed.
Unfortunately, although the hand-crafted approach works for furniture and monsters, it relies heavily on the skill level of Igoreh, the developer. In future chapters, it is my intention to elaborate on the various techniques that were briefly touched upon in this chapter. Also, even though Ajax is currently considered a technique that takes longer to develop than the "traditional" methods of web development, I'll show some ideas on how to reduce this time. After all, what self-respecting mad scientist cobbles together each and every monster by hand?